Recipe: Pan Fried Tempeh with Rice
1 cup Brown rice
1 Pack tempeh
1 Small head broccoli
1/4 Small Red cabbage
1 large celery stick
Apple cider vinegar
Gluten free soya sauce
1-2 Cloves garlic
- Step 1 – Put Brown rice on to cook. Short grain italian brown rice, takes 30 mins to cook well.
- Step 2 – Lightly steam the broccoli, salt and oil it and place in a glass dish with lid on to seal in the seasoning
- Step 3 – Prepare base salad .
- Grate red cabbage & carrot, Chop romaine lettuce & Celery finely & Mixed herbs
- Step 4 – Dressing
- Olive Oil, Engyvita Yeast, Apple cider vinegar, pink salt, gluten free soya sauce & 1- 2 cloves crushed garlic. Make enough to coat generously all ingredients of salad and steamed broccoli.
- Step 5 – Tempeh
- Slice finely in even squares. Place on pan with coconut oil, gf soya sauce & salt. light pan fry until brown.
High protein, nutrient dense dish with zero gluten and low purines. Very suitable to those needing to avoid many trigger foods. Also suitable for vegans/vegetarians looking to meet protein and b vitamin needs. Tempeh is one of the healthiest vegetarian sources of protein & b vitamins. Engevita yeast also has a range of b vitamins include b12. It is inactive yeast therefore is suitable for those on a low histamine diet. The Brown rice is optional for a heavier meal. It allows for slow release of glucose keeping you full for longer. It is a healthier alternative to gluten or gluten free processed flour carbs.