- 1 Leek washed and sliced
- 1 Large potato cut into squares
- 1 Large carrot sliced
- 50g of chopped coriander
- 3 Sticks of celery
- 1 Tablespoon of Curry Powder
- 1 level teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 Tin Organic Thai Coconut Cream
- Handful of finely chopped Lemon Balm
- Large nugget of freshly grated ginger
- 3 Cloves of finely chopped garlic
Put all ingredients into a large saucepan and bring to a slow boil, then let simmer for 1hr. Serve with millet or brown rice.
Serves Approx 5 – 6 servings
Very high in potassium which is good for lowering blood pressure & countering the effects of some medication. Rich in Vitamins A (good eyesight) & C. Because root vegetables grow underground, they absorb a great amount of nutrients from the soil. They are packed with a high concentration of antioxidants and Vitamins. They are a healthy option as they are slow burning and you stay full for longer but without the high calorie content. It is a healthy option for those with diabetes and active lifestyle as it gives a slow release of sugars. This soup is very warming, less cayenne pepper can be used for a milder curry.