Recipe: Raw Coconut Cheesecake
3 large bananas
2 block of Biona creamed coconut
1/2 litre of coconut milk
2 tablespoons Raw Cocoa Powder
Agave Syrup or coconut sugar
Unsulphured Dried Apricots 200g
- Base: Put apricots and walnuts into a grinder and blend until a crumbly paste. Then smooth onto base of dish.
- Place coconut block into bowl and place bowl over boiling water until coconut has dissolved into liquid. (don’t let it over heat.)
- Add one tablespoon of vanilla essence and mix well with a spoon.
- Transfer to a blender and add remaining ingredients and blend until a smooth consistency. Should be something like custard. Measurement for the sweetener should be added according to taste. So add in blend and taste and continue to add until happy.
- Spoon this mixture onto the base and place in the fridge for a minimum of two hours.
- Sprinkle with desiccated coconut and /or cocoa nibs
- Can also make two layers above base one without cocoa and a thin layer with the chocolate finish
- Sit back and enjoy with a cup of peppermint tea.