Warming Sunflower Seed Breakfast Pudding
- Approx 4 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/2 banana
- 1 pear
- 1/2 – 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- Cocao Powder (optional)
- Pre-milled Cereal (Topping)
- Soak the sunflower seeds overnight with purified water.
- Take off excess water the following morning.
- Add seeds to container for blending (see image I used soup blender)
- Add chopped pear and banana, cinnamon, ginger and 1tbsp of tahini
- Can also add half teaspoon of cocoa here if you want a chocolate taste.
- Blend to creamy consistency. Sprinkle with generous tbsp. of Buddha Awakening or any milled cereal. If you want more crunch blend less
- Top with hazlenuts and sliced banana.
Can also add tablespoon of maca powder here instead of the cocoa. This would be better suited to those with stress or anxiety. Toppings can be changed with kiwi or apple if prefer a little tart taste to the mix.
Gluten Free, Yeast Free, High in Protein & Omega’s, Highly assimilable for those with digestive issues.
Sunflower seeds are rich in selenium, vitamin E (natural antioxidant) and magnesium natures own calcium channel blocker and therefore excellent food for the nerves, high blood pressure, cramps and migraine headaches to name a few.