Great gluten free salad option for the winter. Buckwheat has a warming effect on the body and very suited to those with candida and yeast infections. Can also add a pinch of cayenne pepper to further inhance the warming nature of the salad. Parsley can be replaced with rocket for those with hemochromatosis. Parsley is rich calcium & iron.
- 1 liter water
- 10g vegetable stock cubes, crumbled (Optional should be yeast free)
- 1 cup buckwheat kernels
- 3 cups parsley, chopped as rough or fine as you like it
- 1 cup of yellow & red pepper or sundried tomatoes as you like.
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice or 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- Place water in a medium sized saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add crumbled stock cube, or powder, and the buckwheat kernels.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until buckwheat is tender.
- Drain, discard stock.
- Place the buckwheat in a large bowl.
- Add the parsley, tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil and onion.
- Toss to combine and serve.