Great gluten free salad option for the winter. Buckwheat has a warming effect on the body and very suited to those with candida and yeast infections. Can also add a pinch of cayenne pepper to further inhance the warming nature of the salad. Parsley can be replaced with rocket for those with hemochromatosis. Parsley is rich calcium & iron.
Recipe: Gluten Free Tabouleh
1 liter water
10g vegetable stock cubes, crumbled (Optional should be yeast free)
1 cup buckwheat kernels
3 cups parsley, chopped as rough or fine as you like it
1 cup of yellow & red pepper or sundried tomatoes as you like.
1⁄2 cup lemon juice or 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
1/2 finely chopped onion
- Place water in a medium sized saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add crumbled stock cube, or powder, and the buckwheat kernels.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until buckwheat is tender.
- Drain, discard stock.
- Place the buckwheat in a large bowl.
- Add the parsley, tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil and onion.
- Toss to combine and serve.
- Mushrooms contain a substance called chitin. This needs to be extracted via, alcohol or heat to get the medicinal benefits. Medicinal mushroom powder can be added to porridge, soups or stews for best practise.