Anti-viral, Antibacterial, Improves Cognitive function, Decreases Cholesterol, Anti-Tumour properties.
Recipe: Carrot Coriander Grated Salad
2 -3 large Chunky Carrot Grated
30g of roughly chopped coriander
¼ Cup of broken Walnuts
4 Tbsp of toasted Sesame Seeds
3 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
3 Tbsp of cold pressed Walnut Oil
Juice of half a lime
1 Teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Mix Carrot & Coriander together well.
- Add Walnuts and toasted sesame seeds. Finally add salt, ACV, lime juice & Oil. Leave sit for minimum 30mins to let flavours infuse and the walnuts to soak.
- Leaving this recipe out overnight will allow it to ferment slightly and improves digestion.
- Use any cold pressed oil if you don’t have walnut oil.
- Coriander is a superfood indeed and should be a regular in meals for those who have digestive issues, wish to lower blood pressure, normalise blood sugar or even heal an infection of the urinary tract. Carrot is also indicated for bladder infections and this salad is an excellent food to have. Walnuts have anti fungal properties and therefore an excellent food for those with yeast overgrowth and sugar cravings, not to mention loaded with omega 3 and polyphenols, both great brain food. Sesame seeds are one of foods richest source of calcium. Lastly the dressing acts to aid digestion of the fats present. The salad is a perfect combination to a protein dish or with a grain of choice.