- 1 Head of Broccoli (use stems without skin)
- 1-2 Cups of Cooked Black Eye Peas
- 1 – 2 Beetroot chopped into small cubes
- 2 Sticks of Celery finely chopped
- Knuckle of Grated Ginger
- Rind of Orange Grated
- 2 Cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp turmeric powder
- 10g Cardamon Powder
- 5g Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp pink Salt.
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Add all ingredients except broccoli heads & seeds to a saucepan. Add enough water so it just covers the top of the vegetables but not more. Bring to a quick boil and reduce to a simmer for 15 – 20 mins, broccoli stems & beetroot will need a longer cooking time. Next add broccoli heads and leave for an additional 15mins. Serve with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.
Serves 3 – 4