- 1 carrier bag of handpicked nettles (use gloves)
- 1 large Leek thickly sliced
- 2 large Carrots
- 100g Amaranth Seeds (Health Food Store)
- 1 Sticks of celery sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped finely
- A nugget of turmeric grated finely
- 1/2 Tsp cayenne pepper
- 1-2 Tablespoon of Coconut Fat
- 1 tablespoon of pink Himalayan sea salt.
Wash & finely chop nettles. Note 1/2 quantity of nettles should be used if in full seed (see end note).
Place into a large pot and add enough water to barely cover all the contents. Bring to the boil and let simmer for 45mins. Can be eaten alone or with curried potatoes or just plain jacket potatoes.
(biona mild coconut cuisine doesn’t leave coconut taste). This is for those who don’t like the taste of coconut or don’t want it taking over a dish flavour)
Serves 6 bowls.
Nutritional Facts – Muscles, Bones & Blood Building
Amaranth is a complete protein as it contains all the amino acids. Both amaranth & nettles are high in calcium. Nettles are also rich in iron and have natural antihistamine properties. If you are one of the 1 in 5 Irish people suffer from hay fever this soup will improve your symptoms. The combination with other important ingredients is nourishing for the whole musculature & nervous system. Note: When nettles have gone to seed half the quantity as the seed (excellent adrenal tonic) is quite stimulating and the minerals in the nettles more concentrated.